Effective January 2014, the Blog-Zine is cosed to new posts and is going dark. The blog and its archives will stay "up," though, so please feel free to peruse the archives and discover all of the great books, authors, articles, and other features that have joined me here over the years. Thanks to all who helped make my Blog-Zine adventure a raging success! Read on!

31 December, 2013

Right Before My Eyes II by Michelle Robinson

Journee and Jordyn are back!

It’s a new year and, after the untimely death of Kalena's husband, Todd, things are quite shaken up. After returning from her honeymoon alone, will Kalena find peace with Todd’s death and happiness in her own life again?

Jordyn’s shocking secret only gets worse as things take a turn down a path that leaves everyone more confused than ever before. Will Jordyn and Chris survive?

Chelsea's and Najah’s lives have changed, as well. When Drew comes home from prison, will Journee be able to leave her broken past behind and marry him? Has she really moved on from Jason?

Witness more drama and celebrations as you follow Jordyn, Journee, Kalena, Najah, and Chelsea along their journey. The year 2009 just might be their year after all!






Meet Michelle Robinson, author of Right Before My Eyes II:

Do you feel like your background or upbringing influences your writing style? If so, in what way(s)? Yes, definitely. My background shapes the way my characters interact with each other. For instance, I am from Oakland, Ca., where the word “hella” started. It means a lot or many. It’s definitely a Bay Area slang word and we all say it. My book is set in Oakland so my characters say it, too.

Describe your book in 10 words or less: an exciting, definitely hard to put down page-turner.

When and why did you begin writing? I began writing in the mid '80s when I was in junior high school. I had just experienced one hell of a relationship and two people told me on the same day that I needed to write a book about it, so I did.

Is there a central message or theme in that you hope readers will come away from the reading experience with? There are a lot of messages in part one and part two of Right Before My Eyes. But the first one that comes to mind is this: trust God and allow Him to lead your mate to you.

What has been the toughest criticism you’ve received as an author? What has been the best compliment? The toughest criticism has been my mother’s disapproval regarding the sex scenes.
The best compliment is when someone tells me that they could really identify with one of my characters. I love it because I want my stories to be a reflection of my readers.

If you had to go back and do it all over again, is there any aspect of writing your novel or getting it published that you would change? No, because you grow from learning the process.

What has been the most effective method of marketing and/or publicizing your books so far? Why or how? I would have to say Facebook, because that’s how you can build an audience of many people. The vending events are great too, because you can reach a lot of new people who aren’t your Facebook friends yet.

What’s next for you? What can readers look forward to from you? Readers can look forward to Right Before My Eyes III.

How can we find you online and where can we pick up a copy of Right Before My Eyes II? Visit me online at my official website. My books are available online, through Barnes & Noble, Amazon, and other retailers.

Pick up or download your copy of Right Before My Eyes II by Michelle Robinson and read to tell about it!

No comments: