Effective January 2014, the Blog-Zine is cosed to new posts and is going dark. The blog and its archives will stay "up," though, so please feel free to peruse the archives and discover all of the great books, authors, articles, and other features that have joined me here over the years. Thanks to all who helped make my Blog-Zine adventure a raging success! Read on!

29 June, 2013

Spotlight: Buffalo City Czar by James Scott

The story of a young Buffalo City boy, who ascends to power and becomes megalomaniacal, while a maverick federal team vows to stop him.


James Scott was born in Buffalo, New York. There, he endured the toughest streets, prison, and near death. But through the grace of God, he was given a second chance to relive his life under different circumstances. After enrolling in school and majoring in Information Technology, James began following his dream of writing, hoping to entertain the world with tales of the dark side. Today, he resides in Atlanta, Georgia, and is the proud father of two of God's most precious gifts. Connect with James online via his official website and Facebook to learn more.

Get to know James:

1) What inspired you to began writing, and when did you start? I was inspired to write through my passion for reading. In 1989, I spent eight years in Attica Correctional Facility, a jail in New York State, and, to escape the horrors of my unpleasant incarceration, I read daily and wrote about my experiences in and out of prison.

2)Tell us about some of your favorite authors, ones who inspired you? Harold Robins, Sidney Sheldon, Iceberg Slim, Donald Goines, and some others inspired me. Those were some of the first books that I began reading in prison. I was  so fascinated by the stories I read that I began reading all kinds of other books by authors like Tom Clancy, Eric Jerome Dickey, Annie Rice, and James Patterson. James Patterson was the author who had the most influence on my wanting to write. The way that he puts together a mystery plot had me up late at night, wanting to know what was going to happen next.

3) What is a typical day like for you? That’s funny, because if my readers actually knew what a typical day was like for me, they would be surprised. Basically, after work each day, I come home and work out in my gym to relieve the stress from my job and put my mind at ease. Then, I eat and pick up where I last left off with my writing. How much time I put into writing depends on my mood.

4) Does your novel Buffalo City Czar have any special connection to your life today or your past life? Absolutely, it’s very much connected to my past. I don’t want to get into details, but, although my novel is a book of fiction, I wrote it based on real life experiences.

5) Tell us your favorite character in Buffalo City Czar and why we should love or love to hate them? My favorite character is Mike. You gotta love him, because he's a little, tough man with a short-man complex. Once you know about his childhood, you can’t help but have sympathy for him. Eventually, you fall in love with his "swagger" and begin to respect his "gangster". When he begins to fall off, because of the death of his woman, it’ll make you want to see him get his shit together. And you would never expect Mike to make the last move he makes.

6) What plans do you have for marketing and promoting yourself and your brand to readers? I plan to market myself by any means necessary - internet, bookstores, libraries, book signings, radio, etc.

7) Do you have any plans to publish any other novels? If so, tell us a little about them. Yes, as a matter of fact, I have several manuscripts that I plan to publish. God willing, my next novel is a mystery/romance novel about con games. Also, I have an erotica, a murder-mystery, and an uncensored autobiography about my life coming up. I am 46 years young and have experienced a side of life that the average person my age would never survive. I give all praises to my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. My life was spared in order for me to share the story of my life with the world.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pick up or download your copy of Buffalo City Czar by James Scott today and read to tell about it!

No comments: