Effective January 2014, the Blog-Zine is cosed to new posts and is going dark. The blog and its archives will stay "up," though, so please feel free to peruse the archives and discover all of the great books, authors, articles, and other features that have joined me here over the years. Thanks to all who helped make my Blog-Zine adventure a raging success! Read on!

25 October, 2012

There is a Miracle in 21: God Completes by Lorieen D. Henry


With a unique candor and glimpses of desperation, GOD allows Lorieen to use There is a Miracle in 21: God Completes! as therapy. Welcome to Lorieen’s therapy with GOD! Journey with her through the MESS to the MIRACLE! It is an unorthodox book where she shares her struggles while simultaneously pouring out her heart, hope, inspiration and encouragement as the Lord allows. Whether she is sharing feelings of inadequacy, confessing faults or sharing words of encouragement, she does it with a heart to glorify GOD.




Get to know Lorieen:

1) What inspired you to write this book? This book journey arose from discontentment in my life. The realization that I had become someone I didn’t want to be inspired the writing of this book. I was so unhappy with my situation until it hurt. I once had a pastor that said, 'Hurt people, hurt people'. I didn’t want to hurt others. However, I couldn’t recognize my blessings and I felt as if I were being cursed. Therefore, during “my woe is me” session in September 2010, I had the epiphany of taking a 21-day journey in hopes of change. I quickly grasped that 'pain pounds out your purpose and propels you to your destiny if you dare to trust God to complete.' God took me from my messy state to my miracle.

2) Is there one person, outside of family members, that played a significant role in your book journey? My prayer partner is a true gem. Our daily fellowship is a fountain of life. Matthew 18:19 says, truly I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything they ask for, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven. Her support and prayers were especially critical down the home stretch when I wanted to quit, as well as during my reluctance to submit my completed manuscript to a publisher. This book is in the hands of readers because not only were people praying for me, but I had a prayer partner praying with me and speaking words of affirmation at every turn. Having a prayer partner has been a life changing experience. If you don’t already have a prayer partner, I encourage you to ask God to send you one. The relationship is like none other.

3) What’s your favorite part of Miracle in 21? My favorite part of the book is the letter to the reader on page 9. I love the letter because my goal is to usher in the presence of God even before the book is read. I feel that with song, scripture and prayer, the atmosphere is set for the Holy Spirit to take control. Let’s face it, I really didn’t know what I was doing as a writer. However, I knew that I needed to get my feelings out to become better and in doing so, I had to trust God to complete.

4) What message do you want readers to take away from this book? That you don’t have to be perfect or have it all together. But seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you (Matt.6: 33, KJV). If you try and fail, continue to seek. Don’t give up! You don’t have to fit a mold or covet someone else’s journey. Be YOU! God can take you to heights you never knew. He can use your uniqueness for His glory. Trust God to complete!

5) Do you have any advice for other writers? WRITE! WRITE! WRITE! What may not be right for your current project just may be right for a future project. Then again, some things you have to write down as a vent. Other things that you write can serve as inspiration for yourself or for others. Everything you write doesn’t have to be placed in a book or be for a specific project. However, at an appointed time, you will find that it was placed within you to share with someone. Our words breathe life if used purposefully! Be responsible with what you write. Your writing may be the only words that make things right in someone else's world.

6) What’s next for you? You can look for my third title, Seasoned for this Season, in December 2013. My second title is already out. It is an E-devotional called Dig In (September 2012), which samples some of my writing from There Is a Miracle in 21: God Completes! Over the next 24 months, I will be busy with school. I’m pursuing a Master of Arts Degree in Education, as well as a Christian Life Coach Certification. I’m excited about what God is doing for me and my family, and as always, I will be encouraging others along the way and testifying about the goodness of Jesus.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lorieen Henry grew up in the small town of Flora, Mississippi, where, as a child, her parents instilled great morals and values in her and introduced her to Jesus Christ. She graduated from the University of Southern Mississippi, with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Broadcast Journalism. Lorieen served as an Army Logistics Officer for eight years, supporting both Operation Enduring Freedom and Operation Iraqi Freedom. Since exiting the Army, Lorieen’s time has been devoted to her family, church, and her community. Connect with Lorieen online at her official website.

No comments: