Effective January 2014, the Blog-Zine is cosed to new posts and is going dark. The blog and its archives will stay "up," though, so please feel free to peruse the archives and discover all of the great books, authors, articles, and other features that have joined me here over the years. Thanks to all who helped make my Blog-Zine adventure a raging success! Read on!

02 October, 2012

Married to Him by Senica Evans

Author, relationship coach, and mentor, Senica Evans joins us here on the Blog-Zine to give us the 411 on her new book, Married to Him. Check it out...

1. Greetings and welcome to The Blog-Zine. Please tell us a little about yourself. Well… my name is Senica Evans and I’m a single mother of two awesome little boys – ages 5 & 7. In addition to being a writer, I’m a relationship coach and mentor to teen girls. I love helping people and through my writings I achieve this goal. I’ve inspired people through speaking and compelled them to action through writing. I have a PhD in overcoming destructive relationships, too.

2. Do you feel like your background or upbringing influences your writing style? If so, in what ways? Yes, it does. My mother has a profound love for reading, which rubbed off on me. I was told at an early age that reading could transport you anywhere you wanted to go. The books I read always did just that. When I’m stuck in a rut or need a little guidance with my writing, I often refer back to the classics and the books I love. These same influences assisted me in finding my ‘voice’. My blog is filled with anecdotes from my childhood. They make for good stories… both funny and inspiring.

3. Describe Married to Him by Senica Evans in seven words or less. Drama. Romance. Deceit. Suspense. Healing. Renewal. Peace.

4. I’m always curious when it comes to memoirs and the people who write them. For you, the author, where does the inspiration to write a memoir come from? I have been through some pretty destructive and profound situations throughout my life, some of which many people never fully recover from. I tell my story not from a ‘see what I did’ perspective, but to inspire and encourage others to believe that they are better than their circumstances. Married to Him also provides an inside view into the mind of a person who’s endured tragedy and the reasons for the reactions that these tragedies may cause that people from the outside may not understand. Everyone has a story unique to them but we all share similar stories that we all can learn from.

5. Do you feel that a writer needs to possess a certain “something” to be able to successfully write a memoir? If so, what? Yes, I believe to produce an effective memoir you have to be passionate about the audience you’re writing for. A memoir – with the goal of publishing it – can’t just be a chronicling of your life. It needs to serve a purpose for the reader. You also have to be passionate in helping your reader. Otherwise, you run the risk of turning your audience off or worse, not attracting one.

6. Did you craft your book in such a way that increases cross-cultural appeal or have you found a “niche audience” that best fits your writing style? I have a niche audience for this book in particular – although it does have cross-cultural appeal. The theme of Married to Him is perfect for any woman or young adult regardless of culture. While men have been receptive of Married to Him, my audience is primarily women.

7. In Married to Him, if you could go back and give yourself advice, what would it be? I would say, “Listen to your gut. Don’t question it. Just go with it. It won’t steer you wrong.” In retrospect, there are always signs that we discover that we should have paid attention to when they come back and bite us. As you read Married to Him readers will see many signs that I ignored.

8. Is there a central message or theme in Married to Him that you hope readers will come away from the reading experience with? Absolutely. Married to Him shows readers that despite every bad thing that can or did happen to you, you have the choice to move on and be better than you were before. Ernest Hemingway said, “The world breaks everyone and afterwards many are strong in the broken places.” Married to Him reinforces this quote.

9. What’s next for you? What can readers look forward to from Senica Evans? I have a couple of book projects that I’m working on right now - Woman Free Yourself and Bourgeois Diaries. Woman Free Yourself is a practical guide to assist women in overcoming the demise of a relationship so they can get back out there successfully. Bourgeois Diaries takes readers on a journey through a woman’s desire to reconcile her bourgeois facade with the reality of her mediocre lifestyle.

10. What book did you just finish reading and how did you like it? I just finished reading The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. I know I'm a little late, but I thought the book was awesome.

11. How can we find you online and where  can we pick up a copy of Married to Him? You can find me online on Twitter and Facebook, and on my Official Website and blog. You can also view the official Married to Him book trailer on YouTube. I also want to share with readers that Married to Him is FREE on Kindle for Amazon Prime members until October 5, 2012, so hurry and get your copy!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Be sure to follow Senica's Married to Him Virtual Book Tour as it travels the World Wide Web! Click HERE or on the banner below for a full listing of tour stops and to find out how you can win a copy of Married to Him for your personal library. In the meantime, grab your copy of Married to Him and read to tell about it!


1 comment:

Bk Walker said...

Thank you for hosting Senica :)