Effective January 2014, the Blog-Zine is cosed to new posts and is going dark. The blog and its archives will stay "up," though, so please feel free to peruse the archives and discover all of the great books, authors, articles, and other features that have joined me here over the years. Thanks to all who helped make my Blog-Zine adventure a raging success! Read on!

17 October, 2012

Delphine Publications Presents: Lies Unleashed by Tammara Matthews

Lies Unleashed takes readers into the lives of colorful characters whose relationships are turned upside down when they can't seem to let go. Meet Niki, a partner at a law firm, who learns that her fiance, Shawn, had a little too much fun at his bachelor party. She calls it quits, then meets Donte, who quickly sweeps her off her feet. But Shawn refuses to let go, sending Niki's new relationship with Donte into utter chaos. Then, to further complicate the situation, Shawn's brother James enters the picture, spinning a web of intrigue. Niki confides in her best friend, Charlene, who thinks she's found a winner in Mason, until the day she receives a threatening phone call from his wife. Lives are transformed as multiple plots overlap and lies are unleashed in Tammara Matthews's debut novel.






Get to Know Tammara:

1. Where are you from? I was born in Augsburg, Germany and I lived there until I was five. Then my family moved to the Midwest, to East. St. Louis, IL.
2.  When and why did you begin writing? I started writing books in 2008, after I was hit with a book idea to the point that I couldn’t stop writing. Since then I’ve been writing non-stop.
3. What inspired you to write your first book? After reading multiple books, some of which I had to skip pages, I decided to write a novel that would grasp readers attention from start to finish. I want my readers to feel as if they know the characters personally and they’re watching the drama unfold right before their eyes.
4. Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp? Yes, it’s better to love and let go. There’s no point in holding onto someone who doesn’t want you. It only causes more drama and pain when you can’t let go. Also, lying and cheating gets you nowhere. Eventually the truth will come to light and when it does, it won’t be a pretty situation.
5. When did you first consider yourself a writer? I first considered myself a writer once I completed my first novel and received positive reviews.
6. Do you recall how your interest in writing originated? My interest in writing first originated at the age of 15, when I read my first urban fiction novel. From that point on I took an interest in writing my own novel.
7. Who is your favorite author and what is it that really strikes you about their work? My favorite author is Carl Weber. I like how he incorporates multiple characters and their individual situations into his plots. His books are never disappointing and are always page-turners.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lies Unleashed is available now, so pick up your copy and read to tell about it!

No comments: