Effective January 2014, the Blog-Zine is cosed to new posts and is going dark. The blog and its archives will stay "up," though, so please feel free to peruse the archives and discover all of the great books, authors, articles, and other features that have joined me here over the years. Thanks to all who helped make my Blog-Zine adventure a raging success! Read on!

09 October, 2012

10 Things You Didn't Know About Carrie B. Robinson


1. What inspires you as a writer? I am inspired by God’s creation.  It could be sitting in my chair by   the window and watching the trees blow in the wind, or sitting on the deck and listening to the sounds of birds, crickets and bees singing to each other.  All aspects of creation draw me to scripture and I see the hand of God in it all.
2.  When did you have that ah ha moment when you knew you were a writer? When I was in high school and saw my first published article. Since that time I have been a journal writer.  It was not until I believed that God said it was time, that I began to write my book. 
3.  What is your writing process? I laugh at the thought of a “process” because I constantly change my process.  I write on the fly and what I mean is that I am a spontaneous writer, when I am in meditation or just talking with God or others, an idea will come and I get the desire to write.  Once I write down my thoughts then my “process” begins of putting it all together, editing, proofing and such.
4.  Tell us about your favorite character and why you chose to write about them? My favorite character would be a woman who is not afraid to be real, open, and honest about her life and where she finds herself.  I like women who are strong enough to know that they are weak. I like to write about the real and practical aspects of life.  I would choose this type of character because they are relatable.
5.  What are you currently working on? I am taking some of my blog posts along with new material and developing a 31-day devotional guide that will also be a workbook. 
6.  Any upcoming events? Yes, I am currently on a book tour until October 11th, I have several speaking engagements coming up with churches.  I am also starting Carrie’s Coffee Connection, a safe place to discuss the Word of God, as it relates to women’s daily lives, and encourage each other on this Christian journey.
7.  If you could be anyone you like, who would you be?  I would be a better me.  It took me most of my life to learn to love myself and I am striving to be the best me I can be. Seriously, there is not anyone else that I would want to be.  No one can beat me being me and that’s what I want women to know and believe about themselves.  This cosmopolitan culture we live in has women thinking they are not good enough unless they are someone else.  There is only one you, unique and special.  We have to learn to love ourselves.
8.  Do you have any advice for new writers and something that a seasoned vet can learn? For new writers, do not be afraid of negativity, don’t take it in, but don’t run from it.  Use what you need to become better not bitter.  For veteran writers, don’t forget where you came from.  Keep your hands and heart open to help new writers.  We need you.
9. Where can your followers find you? On a nice cool day, they might find me riding my Kawasaki Vulcan 750, along with my husband on his Suzuki Boulevard 800 or relaxing in the mountains of the Shenandoah Valley in Virginia.  But, if they want to know more about me and my family, my website is, www.carrierobinson.org.
10. Any last words?  I pray that my life, as an open book, can be read of many and that they can know that all things are possible if you only Trust In The Father’s Love for you.  God loves you more than you can ever know or imagine. I would love to connect with as many women as possible to help them change their lives through changing how they see themselves.
11. I am offering a special book price during my Book Tour @ www.carrierobinson.org.
Carrie's book, Trusting in the Father's Love, is available for purchase now! Pick up your copy and read to tell about it!

1 comment:

Darryl Orrell said...

Your are invited to visit my blog at Thought of the Week Devotion.

I write weekly devotional studies to inspire fellow brothers and sisters in Christ and to encourage those yet lost to accept Him as Savior and Lord.

I hope you will visit and perhaps even become a follower.

Blessings!