Effective January 2014, the Blog-Zine is cosed to new posts and is going dark. The blog and its archives will stay "up," though, so please feel free to peruse the archives and discover all of the great books, authors, articles, and other features that have joined me here over the years. Thanks to all who helped make my Blog-Zine adventure a raging success! Read on!
18 August, 2012
7 Ways to Use Audio to Increase Your Web and Email Sales
Thought about adding audio to your website yet? You should. While great copy does a good job of selling your services and products, audio will amplify the effect of your words. Audio gives you a more personal connection with your Web visitors. Social psychologists tell us that humans are more likely to trust you if they can both see you and hear you. And prospects are more likely to buy from those whom they feel they know, like, and trust.
So let's think about how you can build that instant rapport with your prospects (AND boost your subscribers and sales to boot)! What could you do with audio? There are unlimited possibilities of what can be done with audio on websites and in email, but here are seven simple ideas to get you started.
1. Greet Your Website Visitors. Welcome visitors to your website with your own voice. It's a much warmer welcome than text alone.
2. Create an Audio Class or a Series of Audio Lessons. Audio learning is still hot! Teach your audience via your voice instead of just words on the page. Think about developing a series of mini-audio lessons for your prospects.
3. Share Your Interviews. If you don't have an interview clip already, ask a friend or colleague to conduct a short, dynamic interview with you via phone. Record it and post it at your website. Or, do a series of interviews with other experts in your field and post them at your site.
4. Samples of Teleseminars. Want more signups for your free and/or paid teleseminars? Then start recording them. Pull out the highlights and post free clips of them at your website.
5. Pump Up Your Testimonials. You probably already have customer testimonials on your site. Now amplify their impact with audio. Have your customers record their testimonials in their own voices, and post them on your site along with their names and photos.
6. Make Your Emails and Ezines Talk. Liven up your emails by making them talk to your prospects, subscribers, and customers. The members on your lists will feel like you are right there with them. (And remember, it will be that personal connection that encourages people to hire you or buy your products.) Be the first in your industry to do this, and watch your numbers rise!
7. Audio Postcards. Reach out to your best customers and prospects for holidays, birthdays, or other special occasions by sending them an email postcard accompanied with a personally recorded message.Online entrepreneur Alexandria K. Brown publishes the award-winning Highlights on Marketing & Success weekly ezine with 28,000+ subscribers.