Effective January 2014, the Blog-Zine is cosed to new posts and is going dark. The blog and its archives will stay "up," though, so please feel free to peruse the archives and discover all of the great books, authors, articles, and other features that have joined me here over the years. Thanks to all who helped make my Blog-Zine adventure a raging success! Read on!

06 August, 2009

Back to Basics...

Greetings!

It's been quite a while since I've slowed down enough to check in with myself and reflect on something long enough to create a blog post. Shame on me! But, to tell you the truth, there are simply not enough hours in the day. Twenty-four hours aren't enough to get everything you need to get done, done, before the sun comes up and the rat race starts all over again. And don't even get me started on the speed of weekend days... (insert long-suffering sigh here)

I've been neglectful, and I want to go on the record right now as saying, "Sorry." Not much consolation, I know, but I do have some good news.

(drumroll, please)

I landed a new job.

You're probably thinking: "Okay, what's the big deal?"

Well, the big deal is that, for the past year and a half or so, I've been working toward making a career change - from corrections to education - and I finally did it. I'm excited to be entering a career field with so much promise and potential, and one that will constantly challenge me to stretch myself in all different directions. I'm practically salivating at the prospect of lesson planning centered on reading comprehension, appreciation, and literary analysis, and I can't wait to bring it to students in fresh, creative ways.

Aside from a six-month stint as a substitute teacher years ago, this will be my initial foray into the classroom, so wish me luck. I'll keep you updated on how things go...probably create a "Hello? Are You There God? It's Me, Terra" thread here on the Blog-Zine, so we can all benefit from my tomfoolery as I'm hazed by students skilled in the art of new teacher initiation.

Promise not to laugh too hard? We shall see.

This ain't over...

No comments: