Effective January 2014, the Blog-Zine is cosed to new posts and is going dark. The blog and its archives will stay "up," though, so please feel free to peruse the archives and discover all of the great books, authors, articles, and other features that have joined me here over the years. Thanks to all who helped make my Blog-Zine adventure a raging success! Read on!

25 January, 2009

I Still Do Excerpt Part 2

Nothing Is Too Hard For God Virtual Book TourTitle: I Still Do


Author: C. M. Jones


Genre: Inspirational Fiction


Get Your Copy!


C. M. Jones' Website


 


I Still Do Excerpt Part 2


He can still make me get hot all over like this. OK, Karen, calm down. Now the phone is ringing. Who is this?


“Uh, Uh, hello.”



“Karen, are you OK? Do I need to come over?”



“No! Who is this?”



“It’s Damien. Is everything OK?”



“Yes, everything is fine. What’s up?”



“Well, I was just calling to ask if we could talk after Chucky Cheese or maybe while we are there when the girls are playing?”


“Well, actually Leslie is coming along, and she is bringing Jason. So maybe, depending on how serious it is, we should talk at a later time.”


“You are right because this is pretty serious…”


“Damien, sorry to cut you off, but is everything OK?”


“Yeah.”


“Damien, look, if you are getting married or something, tell me now because I don’t need to be face-to-face to talk about that!”


“Karen … Karen, calm down. That’s not it. Anyway, I will not marry again while the kids are still young. So just put that out of your head.”


“Oh, sorry, I did not know.”


“I know you didn’t. That’s why I told you. Now, can we talk over dinner next week since Leslie is coming with us this afternoon?”


“Yeah, sure,” I said in a sweet soft voice.


“OK, see you soon when you drop off the kids.”


“All right, girls, let’s get in the truck.”



I have a white Escalade, which was apart of the divorce agreement.. Damien and I agreed that I would get the truck since I have the girls the most. We have joint custody of the girls, but they know nothing about this because we try to keep them out of our personal problems. We stopped at the McDonald’s down the street from Damien’s house, and I picked up a big breakfast and a dark coffee for him. That’s his favorite. I don’t usually do things for him, but I felt bad about yelling at him. I also wrote a note on the bag that said “please accept my apology.”



“Nicole and Lacey, give this to your dad, and I will meet you guys at Chucky Cheese with your dad at 3:00 p.m.”


When he came to the door to let the girls in, my heart started racing. He had on that blue velvet robe that I like. Whatever, I thought to myself; he is just trying to get me worked up. So I beeped my horn and pulled off quickly. I did see that robe lying nicely on his chest though.


Click here to read Part 1 of the “I Still Do” Excerpt.




You’re reading an excerpt from I Still Do ($10.99, Paperback, ISBN: 978-1-4389-0064-3), which tells the story of three women, Deborah, Leslie, and Karen, who must overcome many adversities until they decide to surrender their lives to Christ.



To learn more about Nothing Is Too Hard For God Virtual Book Tour, I Still Do and other C. M. Jones events visit www.cmjonestheauthor.com.


I Still Do is available online at AuthorHouse.com, Amazon.com, BarnesandNoble.com or by request at your local bookseller. Free review copies available by contacting AuthorHouse at 888-519-5121.


This event with C. M. Jones is made possible by Nia Promotions, a marketing company that assists authors and publishers with Internet book marketing using strategy, branding and education.

No comments: