Effective January 2014, the Blog-Zine is cosed to new posts and is going dark. The blog and its archives will stay "up," though, so please feel free to peruse the archives and discover all of the great books, authors, articles, and other features that have joined me here over the years. Thanks to all who helped make my Blog-Zine adventure a raging success! Read on!

20 October, 2008

"Where There's Smoke" by Terra Little - Coming JAN 2009


In Where There's Smoke, Alec Avery gets an unwelcome blast from his drug-dealing, street-running past that turns his life upside down. Back in the day, he was known as “Smoke” and Anne Phillips was one of his customers. So how did they end up with a teenage son together? You do the math. Dollars make sense, but Anne didn’t always have the money to pay for what she wanted. Now Alec is paying the price.

These days he’s a military vet and a well-respected high school teacher. Just about the last thing he expects to encounter is a son he never knew he had and a bunch of foolishness that he thought he was done with. His son is out of control, experimenting with drugs and running with a rough crowd, and the last thing he expects to encounter is a long-lost father who is hell-bent on making his presence felt in a very meaningful way.

Before long, Smoke has no choice but to come out of hibernation to put some heads to bed, starting with the thugs who don’t want to turn his son loose (see book cover graphic). They didn’t count on old school meeting new school, which is their first mistake. And Alec didn’t count on drooling over the woman his son’s mother has become, but whether or not he’s making a mistake remains to be seen.

Old school contemporary fiction meets new school urban fiction between the sheets, and the resulting twisted flame won’t be easily contained. Where There’s Smoke turns up the heat in January 2009, but there are already smoke signals in the air.

Pre-order your copy on Amazon.com today!

Visit author Terra Little online at www.terralittle.com to read an excerpt!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Terra,

This looks like it's going to be good! I'm preordering now!

Terra Little said...

Thanks! Be sure to let me know your thoughts.

Seandra said...

I was looking for something to read on my much needed break from work and stumbled upon Where There is Smoke.I am happy that I did. I finished this book in nine hours. I did not want to cook, clean, etc. as I wanted to see what the outcome would be for Smoke and Anne.Are you considering a sequel? You have me hooked, I now have to get your first book. God bless and keep up the good work.

Terra Little said...

Hi Seandra,

I'm glad you stumbled upon Where There's Smoke and I'm especially glad you enjoyed reading it. As a matter of fact, there is a sequel, though I don't have specifics on its release date right now. When I was done writing this mss, I wasn't quite finished relating with the characters, so I had to do some follow-up. LOL. And, believe it or not, I've actually been playing around with the idea of a part three.

Anywho, thanks so much for your kind words and your support of me and my work. I appreciate you stopping by the Blog-Zine to share your thoughts. Come back anytime. I look forward to your feedback on Running from Mercy.

Terra